Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Drum roll please....... Day 365!

I can't believe I did it!(Yes that is my congratulatory pat on my own back).

I'm putting my feet up and my needle down.

What a crazy year!

What have I learned from completing a 365 daily project?

  • If you do not water your plants for a few weeks they will die.
  • Laundry does not fold it self.I
  • If you don't sweep and wash floors for a prolonged period of time you husband will take notice.
  • Sitting on a sofa sewing for 6 hours is not exercise. (back to the gym tomorrow? who am I kidding ... next week...)
  • My husband was right and there was no way I needed as much fabric as I've been collecting. (I can't believe how much remains... )
  • If you live in a house where someone is hand sewing every day you are bound to step on a needle (sorry guys!).
  • If you work until late in the evening and only allow yourself a few hours sleep you will get burnt out and sick (and no one will feel sorry for you because what rational person would ever choose to embroider every day for a year?).
  • I am not the only one who is still has a crush on Emilio Estevez.
  • My parents always complained I never stuck with anything... and guess what... I did.
  • That there is actually 366 days in 2012 but guess what? I had two day 97's (brain freeze... what can I say... there is NO way I am going back to renumber them all... gotta cut a girl some slack). 
  • If you work at something every day you get pretty good at what you`re doing!

So what's next?

  • I am very excited to announce that the work featured  during the 365 are going to be available as prints! I am hoping to get a few up and listed by the end of the week in the Etsy shop.
  • Lots of new embroidery patterns from the 365 are coming soon too for you all that need to get your craft on!
  • The Impresario Gallery is hosting a gala opening of the 365 Lucky Days show in Cobourg, Ontario this Friday 3-6pm all is welcome, if you are around I would love to see you there! The show is open until the end of September.
  •  Some of the 365 is also being showcased in the group show "Seeing Stars" at the Campfire Gallery in San Francisco opening this Thursday. If you are in the area check it out and tell them Lucky says "hi"!
  • I want to take this opportunity to announce my availability as a freelance illustrator. This is the work I enjoy most and now that the 365 is completed my schedule just opened up!
  • If anyone is looking for illustration work done with a needle and thread, I am an extremely dedicated artist with an excellent work ethic (another well deserved pat on the back ). You can contact me here!

But for now I am going to make myself a cup of tea. Get in my PJ's and reflect on what a great year I had.





















Thank you everyone for your support. I couldn't have done it without you!

39 comments:

Hook, Line and Sink Her said...

Congratulations! And well done on your wonderful work- I've loved exploring each theme along with you; and I'm very excited to hear about the print versions coming soon! Enjoy your well-earned embroidery break :)
Katie xx

Lucy Lamb said...

Thank you for sticking with it, it's been brilliant seeing you develop and they've all been absolutely brilliant! I hope you enjoy a well deserved rest. Well done :)

ursula said...

wow! Well done! I've never commented, but I followed along the whole way. You're very talented, can't wait to buy some prints! (Or even try stitching up a few myself!) x

Micaela said...

Congratulations! I have been following your project since the very early days, and I am so impressed with it. I will definitely be ordering some prints. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Micaela said...

Congratulations on your completed project! I've been following along since the early days, and I've loved seeing what you come up with. I'll definitely order a few prints, too! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Holly said...

Wow! Congratulations! I've loved following along with your journey and am captivated by your unique style.

next door Laura said...

Congratulations! That was amazing and highly entertaining.

What a cool thing to put on your resume.

Well done.

Mr X Stitch said...

Well done Lucky! It's been a treat to see the new pieces, and it really is the stuff of legend. :)

Mel said...

WOWWOWOWOW! Amazing to have such a huge body of creative work behind you now, eh?! So proud of you mama, you're a star - and hilarious - can't wait to have a date soon now that you're 'available' again! lol
xo
mel
needle and nest design

Batty said...

Congrats! <33

Meli said...

Congratulations! It's been fun watching!

Arielle-HumblePieVintage said...

Congrats! It's so cool to have been keeping up with you all year and now you're finished. This is something to be so proud of. I couldn't stick to anything for a year. Kudos!

Astrid said...

Congratulations Jen!!! I'm so proud of you and I'm so sad to see it end but so excited to see what else you will be up to <3 see you soon love you lots and congratulations again!

xo

a blog about the little things said...

wow! the Year is over! it's really over... it's going to be weird not seeing you with a needle + hoop in hand. ;)
this piece of you in the bunny slippers couldn't be more apropos for #366. Congrats on doing this monumental endeavour of stitchery goodness!
can't wait to see what you do next!! (no pressure or anything, though ;)
xox

Monique said...

Wowza! Congrats you did it! You rock...seriously. Amazing dedication.

Sara said...

What a huge accomplishment and with such beautiful outcomes each and every day. You have every reason to pat yourself on the back..and the belly...and your bottom...and celebrate big time! I remember coming across your blog when it was all beginning and have been following along the entire year and have been continually impressed and inspired by your dedication and talents. So many high fives to you!

Sara

Unknown said...

Ahhhh!!! I am SO excited for you! I have SO loved seeing your work every day and I am so glad that you have awesome plans for how to follow this project up. CONGRATULATIONS on such an awesome year and thanks a million for inspiring me more words can express.

bestmade said...

Corngratulations!
I discovered your blog only a few weeks ago and I love every single embroidery.
It's amazing that you did this 365 days.
Wishing you all the best for the next time.
Greetings from germany
michaela

Chloe said...

Wow - congratulations! I have so enjoyed following your amazing year, can't wait to buy some prints. You are an inspiration, thank you xx

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Jessica Ann said...

I have so loved following this all year! Amazing job sticking with it!

Mars said...

Yay! Congrats on 366 beautiful works! And yay for stucking with it!
Yay for piles of fabric left!
Enjoy your time off :)

krislovesfabric said...

Have absolutely adored watching this project unfold...Day 236, please!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I've enjoyed following along!

Nicole said...

Yeah!

Sway said...

Woooo Ms Lucky! It has been so fantastic seeing which character chooses to crawl out of your brain each day, and your skill and talent has completely blown my mind every time!! I will definitely be grabbing some prints - sadly, I am too cash poor to buy an original stitched masterpiece right now.
I also want to thank you for getting me started - the patterns you sent me are done and fabulous!!! I'll have to send you pic, if you'd like one :)
Now, enjoy your rest, eat naughty things and celebrate the enormity of conquering this massive mission!! You're a legend, lady!
Luvluv,
Sway xxx
loversnotliars.blogspot.com

Ps - those bunny slippers are too cute for words!!!

Ashley Krug said...

Congratulations on completing this amazing project! You've been one of my favorite places to look and find inspiration, (and I'm still pining after your Dolly Parton piece. Hello birthday present.) So excited to see what else you have in store!

Annet said...

Congratulations on finishing this great project! I enjoyed them very much. This last one is so cute, I like the bunny slippers.

Rebel Blossom @ Studio 2sixty said...

Congratulations from a lurker! I have just started my own blog and hope to have your staying power not to mention a small fraction of your talent! :) Thank you for all your inspiration!

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

horray! you did it! this was such a great project and i loved looking at them!

Janna said...

Congratulations. Such a beautiful and smart project. You've done so well and you are an inspiration for people all over the world. I really hope that more of your work is upcoming.
Enjoy to put your feet up and relax. You've deserved it! And I'm sur that your shows will do very well. You work hard for that sucess, so you'll earn it.
Best wishes from Germany
Janna

Sarah Lowe said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an achievement. It's been a joy to follow you this year. Not a day goes by that I don't look at the two pieces of your art on my wall and feel happy.

Andrea Deal said...

Yeah! I can't believe you do it! What an amazing feat! I'm totally impressed! And that embroidery of you in bunny slippers, pj's and tea is absolutely perfect! Congratulations girl!
I haven't made it to town for a visit yet, but when I do, we'll stuff our faces with butter tarts, carrot cake and tea to celebrate- that's a promise!

Valentina Duracinsky said...

woooow

Congrats!!!

Val
http://valentinaduracinsky.blogspot.com/

daria said...

I can't believe it's been an year :) great job and hope you'll feel inspired for lots and lots of cool stuff in the future!

Colleen said...

Is it weird that I just got choked up for you? An unbelievable accomplishment. You are the first artist who's work I have ever totally swooned over. When you would post an update, I would run over to my hubby with the laptop and be like, "LOOK, she is so awesome. No really, she's like John Hughes with a needle and a hoop." ;) For real, love them all. Congrats.

Unknown said...

Wow, unbelievable accomplishment. Congratulations on fantastic work, work ethic, productivity, and inspiration to us all. Now enjoy!
This is a truly fantastic project, and I am so impressed.
Nancy
powellbrowerhome.com

bubbieone said...

WOW WOW WOW and WOW again!
You set a goal, stuck to it, and completed it. And every project is beautiful.

Margaret said...

Awesome project! what an achievement, huge cyber pat on those shoulders of yours! M