Sunday, November 25, 2012

The hoops are back, and so am I?


Hello everyone!

It has been so long since I have posted anything (since the last day of the project sniff, sniff..). I say this because something happened when the project was over that I never expected.

The last months of the 365 were rough. I was getting burned out, exhausted trying to balance the project, my family, gallery shows, interviews and orders. I never wanted to complain out loud as I felt really fortunate to have so much success but I was secretly really struggling.

So that is why when the project came to an end I couldn't figure out why my mood wasn't improving. Wasn't this what I had been waiting for?

Weeks would pass and I felt myself becoming more and more depressed. I didn't know what to do with my self any more. I had spent a year of my life dedicated to this project and then it was just.... over.

I have embroidered just 2 pieces since the end of the project. Other than that I have made nothing. So what have I been doing? Other than feeling a bit sorry for myself... not a heck of a lot.

But recently I have started working in my notebooks, writing down new ideas, sketching out some new work and well.... just getting inspired again. I am starting to get excited about making things again. And then the most wonderful thing happened. My mood started picking up again. I am honestly so excited to open up my notebooks and start putting my new ideas in action.

I am reminded of what started the 365 project to begin with. To stop thinking about the wonderful things I am going to make and just start making them.

So I am pretty jazzed to start making new work. Though this time I can't commit to making something every day I am committing to making something every time I am inspired.

I can't wait to share this with all of you. I missed this blog!

On to the hoops!

So the hoops are all pretty much back home. They are all back from being on the road (what rock stars they all are!) The final pieces are arriving back from San Francisco this week. I am putting together all the remaining 365 pieces in a local gallery. (I will post the details later this week) I am looking forward to seeing them all up together and sharing them with my home town.

In the meantime I am committing to getting the original pieces up in the shop, as well as more prints. I will be listing all this week so keep checking the Etsy shop for updates.

So that's it! I have been meaning to do this post for sometime now and I thank you all for checking in.

I am really looking forward to another 365 Lucky Days.

xo Lucky

12 comments:

Desiree Fawn said...

Sooooo excited to read this update, girl!! <3 Love ya! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Lucky Jackson said...

ahhh!
Thanks so much Des!

Flaming Nora said...

Good for you. Its hard to finish a project, its hard to get a project finished. Its good for the soul to take time out to recharge yourself and find the creative mojo again. Really enjoyed following what you were up to for the last year. but was constantly in awe of how you were keeping up with it. Wishing you many lucky days ahead.

Mel said...

awwwwwww yeah!! Love you lady.. glad you're finding your new rhythm!
Can't wait to see it all at the F.Fair soooooon!!
xo
mel
needle and nest

Rebel Blossom @ Studio 2sixty said...

So glad you out of your phunk! It happens to everyone...can't wait to see all the wonderful things your new motivation will create!
Laurie Anne xx

Monique said...

Welcome back! Glad you are feeling better and inspired again.

Mars said...

Welcome back! I love your work! Couldn't you travel along with the hoops for security sakes? ;) You must be glad they're all back!

a blog about the little things said...

So lovely to read this, sweet Lucky! I love how you're soul is meant to create joyful things, and that you're being inspired to do so in new ways! Cannot wait to see what you'll be making next!

Embroidery designs said...

I'm so excited to read this.

Andrea Deal said...

Hi there! I was really happy to see your paintings on Instagram lately :) Great to hear that you are working again and finding happiness in your creative work. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you totally blew me away with this project! You have so much to be proud of! I'm looking forward to a park date with you and the girls in the spring and I won't forget to bring butter tarts! ♥

Epic Thread said...

Oh my god, Bill Muuray!!!!
Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

Calico laine said...

I have been busy for the previous months and haven't finish the project I started hopefully It will be finished before Christmas.